March 3, 2020 Update
Update: March 3, 2020
Cape Henlopen School District Health Advisory Regarding the Coronavirus and Influenza
The Delaware Division of Public Health (DPH) is closely monitoring the coronavirus disease and has provided school districts with cautionary guidelines.
Please keep in mind that there are no confirmed cases in the Cape Henlopen School District or the state of Delaware. We do, however, want to be proactive to keep students and staff safe.
The best precautions to take are the ones always recommended for avoiding colds and flu.
We ask that everyone in Cape Henlopen consider the following advice:
- Stay home if you are sick and avoid healthy people. Do not send children to school if they have above-normal temperatures.
- Follow good hygiene protocols
- cover nose and mouth with your sleeve while coughing or sneezing
- wash hands frequently with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth
- avoid others who are sick
Staff will also assist by regularly cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces in classrooms, offices, restrooms, and hallways.
We ask parents to advise your child’s school nurse in advance of international travel. In addition to following the above-mentioned precautions, DPH highly recommends getting an influenza shot.
Anyone with concerns should contact their healthcare provider.
Visit https://dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/dph/index.html for more information regarding Delaware’s response and plans.