Welcome to Cape!
We are excited that you have chosen to enroll your child in the Cape Henlopen School District. The registration process is designed to ensure that your child has a smooth transition into our schools and that you have a quick, stress-free registration experience!
Families who live in the Cape Henlopen School District with a student of kindergarten age should also use this process. All Cape kindergarten classes are full day. Children turning five on or before August 31 of the current year, and whose parents live in the Cape Henlopen School District are eligible to register for kindergarten.
Check out our registration step-by-step guide below, or get right into it and click the registration button!
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Step 1: Find Your Child's Feeder School
The student's feeder school is the school that the District assigns the student to attend, based on the location of the home. Use the Delaware School Locator tool to locate your feeder District and the school(s) in which your child will attend.
Step 2: Prepare Your Documents
In order to register your child, the District will need supporting documents to complete the registration. We recommend gathering all of the appropriate documents before moving on to the next step.
Supporting documents needed for registration include:
- Student's Birth Certificate
- Proof of Residence
- One of the following documents with the parent/guardian name is required: A current monthly utility bill (example: electricity, cable), or an Executed Lease Agreement from a licensed Realtor or Property Management Company (see Board Policy #205 for details). The utility bill must show both the service and mailing address, which must match. If one of the above documents cannot be produced, the parent/guardian will need to contact Central Registration.
- Photo ID of Parent/Guardian
- Proof of Immunization
- Physical (must have been within the last 2 years)
- TB Screening
- Current Immunizations
- Report Card
- Withdrawal Sheet
- IEP (if applicable)
- 504 (if applicable)
- Custody Documentation (if applicable)
Step 3: Photo/Scan Required Documents
You may take a picture of the documents using a smartphone, or scan the copies of the supporting documents (listed above).
Here are two resources that can help with scanning documents from home:
- CamScanner App for iPhone and Android
- Step-by-Step Instructions to use the Notes App as a scanner (iPhone users)
Please make sure if using your phone or tablet that the documents are not cut off and/or blurry.
Once you have the photos or scans taken, you'll need to transfer the photos of the supporting documents to the computer you are going to use to complete the registration form. (Completing the registration form in Step 4 will be easier to do on a computer).
Once you have completed the online registration and have uploaded all of the required documentation, the Central Registration Office will contact you to schedule an in-person appointment. It will be at the in-person appointment that you will have the opportunity to enter your child in the District's Spanish Immersion program lottery.
PLEASE NOTE: it may take a few weeks to schedule an appointment due to the high volume of registrations. If you have questions or concerns, please call the District Office at (302) 645-6686, or email Central Registration at email@example.com.