For suspected and positive COVID-19 cases, the following communication procedures are in place:
- Once a suspected or positive test result is reported, contact tracing is conducted.
- Individuals identified as needing to quarantine are contacted directly.
If a suspected case is confirmed to be positive through COVID-19 test results:
- Individuals identified through contract tracing are once again notified that the case is positive, and they must quarantine accordingly (health staff will advise).
- An email advising of a positive test result is sent by the principal to all staff in the specific building.
- An email advising of a positive test result is sent by the District Office to all families in that specific building via Blackboard Connect.
- Each Wednesday, the CHSD website is updated to reflect any new positive cases (Click here to visit our data page)
Email to School Staff and Families:
"Dear Parents/Guardians and Students:
We learned today that a staff member/student at ___________ school, has tested positive for COVID-19. They will not return to school until the isolation period has passed.
Anyone who has been in close contact with them as determined by the Division of Public Health (DPH) is being notified by the school and DPH, and may have to quarantine for 14 days before returning to school. Individual decisions on quarantining are made by DPH epidemiologists, in consultation with the affected individual, and may depend on whether the individual was wearing a mask and practicing social distancing.
Further information can be found on the district website through the COVID-19 Resources and Updates link https://www.capehenlopenschools.com/domain/524.
Click here to learn more about DPH protocols around positive COVID-19 cases in schools.
Please continue to monitor your child for any symptoms of COVID-19, as you do each day using the COVID-19 Self-Screening Tool.
This school adheres to strict cleaning, social distancing, and hygiene protocols. This is our best defense against COVID-19 and its spread. Thanks for your support as we continue to move forward together."