Purpose and Goals
PurposeThe purpose of the Department of Communications is to establish and maintain engaging methods of communication with parents, students, staff, area residents, businesses, and our media partners, and to uphold relationships based on accountability and transparency.Our office plays a strategic role in informing and engaging our stakeholders and we are committed to maintaining open lines of communication with the community, and to promote cooperative and timely communications.Our communications tools include:
- District website and individual school websites
- Facebook, and Twitter
- Collateral materials, such as brochures and flyers
- Photography/video school and district events
- Local Media Partners
Social Media Guidelines
Cape Henlopen School District uses social media to provide information about our District programs, events, and activities and to interact with students, parents/guardians, and residents. We reserve the right to delete personal attacks or threats, posts that do not relate to the business of the school district, profane or obscene language or content, promotion of discrimination, infringement of copyrights or trademarks, commercial endorsements, and confidential information.
Board Policy #901 - District Public Relations and Communications Objectives
- Encourage and promote two-way communication opportunities with parents, staff, students, and community members (also referred to as District stakeholders)
- Produce and distribute timely information relevant to the needs of our District stakeholders
- Conduct a formal evaluation of all District Communications at the end of each school year, with information evaluation taking place through the year by means of surveys, and/or focus group meetings.
- Establish and maintain relationships with media channels; radio, newspaper, online, and TV