Accessing the Internet
We realize that many of the valuable resources that are available to your students are Internet-based.
Here are a couple of ideas/resources if you need Internet Access.
Much of our school District area is serviced by Comcast. Comcast is offering two solutions:
- The Internet Essentials Program is free for 60 days. More details can be found here.
- Xfinity WiFi Free For Everyone: Xfinity WiFi hotspots across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, click here. Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots and then launch a browser.
Additionally, if you are an Xfinity customer, they are hosting educational content for children. Comcast has created new educational collections for all grade levels in partnership with Common Sense Media. Just say “education” into your X1 or Flex voice remote.
In addition to the free services provided by community providers, there are currently 4 Cape Henlopen School District sites that have Wi-Fi available for student use.
- Cape Henlopen High School - Lewes
- Rehoboth Elementary School - Rehoboth
- Milton/HO Brittingham Elementary Schools - Milton
- Love Creek Elementary School – RT. 24
If a student is using a District device, then they should continue to connect to CHSDwireless.
If a student is using a personal device, they should connect to CapeDriveUp.
We’re trying our best to provide Internet Service to the community. Please stay in your vehicle within the designated areas (pictured below) while accessing the internet. Please try to park within the green areas for the best possible connection.
Green - Best Connection
Yellow - OK Connection
Red - Not Great Connection
Cape Henlopen High School
Milton/HOB Elementary School
Rehoboth Elementary School
Love Creek Elementary School