Advanced Functions with Calculus
- 1” or 1.5" 3-ring binder
- 5-section dividers
- Loose leaf paper
- Large erasers
- Pack of graph paper
How Can I Be Successful in Math?
Attend class regularly, Ask questions in class, Get help the same day you don’t understand something, Read the text, Copy all example problems done in class, Do homework every night, Math must be practiced, Work neatly and show all work, Develop responsibility for your own successes and failures, Be relaxed and comfortable with studying math. Classwork will be assigned every day, this includes group work, class discussions, and notes. Classwork, a PDF copy of text, a syllabus, homework assignments, graphic organizers, unit outlines and projects can be found on Schoology for this class. Homework will be assigned twice a week and the hope is excluding weekends. If a student misses class for any reason, all assignments can be found on Schoology and are expected to be completed based on the school policy.
All grades will be calculated on a total points system.
Rules & Procedures
Students are expected to:
- Respect the teacher and fellow classmates.
- Bring all required materials to class each day.
- Complete all assignments neatly and on time.
- Keep all assignments and notes in a notebook.
- Contribute to the work in your group.
- Participate in class work and discussions.
- Make-up all assignments after all absences.
- Raise your hand to speak.
- Be in class on time.
- Stay in your seat unless given permission.