Geography will provide a basic understanding of geography and will help students understand the interconnections of geographic concepts. The skills learned will allow students to access information concerning local, national and global issues that will help them in their daily lives.
Students will receive grades for class work assignments, homework assignments, quizzes, projects, and class participation. Unless otherwise specified class work and homework assignments will be worth ~15 points. Quizzes and projects will be worth ~35 points. Class participation will be tracked and students will receive a 50-point grade at the end of each marking period. Both classwork grades and test/project grades will be worth 35% of your grade apiece. Homework will count as 15% of your grade. Participation will count for the final 15% of your grade.
Rules & Procedures:
- Attend class daily, keep your head up and listen.
- Start every class with writing the Activating Strategy and Essential Question daily.
- Be prepared for class-IPAD, notebook, pencil or pen.
- Make a good effort at all times and please request if assistance is needed.
- Have assignments completed on time or have a tardy slip.
- Raise your hand and wait until you have been acknowledged by the teacher before talking.