8th Grade Language Arts
Come prepared to class with:
- Charged iPad (provided by the school)pencils, highlighter, silent reading book
- Silent reading book
Grades are comprised of formative and summative assignments.
Formative: For Learning- homework, classwork, grammar lessons- worth 35% of the grade
Summative: Of Learning- tests, quizzes, essays, projects- worth 65% of the grade
All homework, classwork, and tests will be given a point value by the teacher. The student will earn a given number of points based on quality and completion. Late work will receive point deductions.
Rules & Procedures:
- Be in your seat and ready to begin to work at the scheduled time.
- Be prepared to work until dismissed. In other words, we expect you to do a full day’s work. If you are absent it is your responsibility to get the missed work and make up any missed test or assignment. If you miss more than one consecutive day, you will have that number of days to make up the work without lateness points deducted.
- Be prepared for class every day.
- Just as in the work-force, you must have the proper tools for this class. A pencil, agenda, charged iPad, and a binder must be brought to class every period.
- Be sure to take pride in your work; it is a mirror of you.
- I want you to make a good impression and try your very best. Do not turn in sloppy, half-done, or tardy work; such work is unacceptable.
- Show respect to yourself the school and others around you.
- It is important to always be aware of your behavior and making sure it is appropriate for learning. All students have the right to learn- no individual should interfere with that right.