6th Grade Science
Required on a daily basis:
- Composition Book (for Science ONLY-to be keep in your binder)
- Agenda Book
A student's final grade is calculated based on total points throughout the 9 week marking period. Grades come from the following weighted areas:
Point values are assigned accordingly to the length/difficulty with the exception of homework.
Rules & Procedures:
Arrive Prepared! Come to class with required materials. You will not be permitted to go to your locker once class has started. Be organized and responsible.
- Copy and answer the warm-up on your warm-up paper. Make corrections if needed after the question is reviewed.
- Copy the Essential Question into your science notebook.
- Record important information or homework assignments into your agenda book.
Homework is given one time per week. Students receive the assignment on Monday and it is due on Wednesday. Assignments are designed to reinforce topics we are covering in class and typically take approximately 15 minutes to complete. Complete homework is worth ten points, partially complete, five points and no homework is zero points.
ALL 6th graders will participate and produce a Science Night project. Projects not turned in receive a test grade of a zero.
All students are to check classroom agenda to see what work they may have missed. It is the responsibility of each student to collect and complete the assignments. Labs will be made up when appropriate at an agreed time.
- Respect yourself, your classmates and your teacher.
- Be prepared, organized and ready to work at the bell.
- Follow all directions the first time given.
- Work with the group you are assigned to and do your very best.