Frequently Used Links for Students
Renaissance Place -Renaissance is now supporting both Firefox and Safari for Macs! Students and teachers log in to access Accelerated Reader, Accelerated Math, and STAR resources.
AR BookFinder- Students and teachers can search for books, reading levels, quiz information and more.
Home Connect on Renaissance Place - The exclusive domain for families of RES students using the above Renaissance programs.
RES Library Search - currently works only at school
|Learning Point Navigator - Students can use this Training and Practice Site to become familiar with the online DCAS testing system. |
|Student Practice DCAS Portal - Students can use this to take practice DCAS tests. Mac users must be using Firefox.|
Study Island - Students enter their unique username and password.
| ||Reading A-Z|
|3rd Grade||Poll Everywhere|
| || |
|4th Grade||The Democracy Project|
|4th Grade||Sheppard Software - free educational activities|
|Mr. Blanshine's Class||Kidblog|
| || |
| ||Mouse Games|
| || |
- BoohBah Zone - Those entertaining Boohbahs help teach mouse skills.
| ||Keyboarding Games|
- ABCya - Primary grade (K-5) activities on the 'net.
- AlphaRain - Type the letters as they fall from the sky.
- Dance Mat Typing - Enjoy music while learning to keyboard. Move through the "stages" of each level to perfect your moves.
| || |
- Starfall - Primarily designed for first grade, Starfall is also useful for pre-kindergarten, kindergarten and second grade.
- PuzzleMaker - Discovery Education's Source for all kinds of puzzles.
- Free Rice - Build your vocabulary as you donate rice to the hungry.
- FossWeb K-2 - Activities which complement our science curriculum, grades K-2.
- FossWeb 3-6 - Activities which complement our science curriculum, grades 3-6.
- i-SAFE America (state-approved internet safety curriculum) - This site contains resources for parents and students as well as educators. Visit with your students and take the parent survey.
- FBI Kids (K-5 Internet Safety) - Every year we spend some time talking about staying safe when using the internet. Sometimes we visit this site.
- Urban Legends Reference Pages - This is a great place to check the accuracy of any crazy thing you read on the internet or your e-mail.
- Disney's Surf Swell Island - This is a great adventure game and activity that allows students to test their knowledge of internet safety with Mickey and his pals!
- Garfield videos and games on internet safety and cyberbullying!
- Pics4Fun - free online image library
- Classroom Clipart - A Source for Free Clipart, Clip Art Pictures and Illustrations
- Factmonster - Online Almanac, Dctionary, Encyclopedia, and Homework Help
- Discovery Education Clip Art Gallery - Add graphics to your next project, whether it’s for home or school. Choose from hundreds of original clip art pieces, including animations!
- Teacher Tap - Public Domain, Copyright Free, Open Source, and Student Use Images and Media
This page provides links to some of the better copyright-free and public domain resources. The advice on this page is not a legal opinion. The ideas are intended for educators and librarians who wish to locate quality, copyright-friendly materials for educational, noncommercial, and nonprofit projects.
- Pete's PowerPoint Station - a HUGE collection of presentations and games organized by topic.
- Internet4Classrooms - Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by Susan Brooks and Bill Byles. It is an amazing categorized collection of resources, games, and activities to support K-12 education.
DCAS Helpers - suggested by Mrs. Ranieri
| || |
| || || |
| || |